The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 20th, 2024, 12:36am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Reading floating gate transistor Voltage/Current (Read 1507 times)
frasheed

Reading floating gate transistor Voltage/Current
Apr 18th, 2016, 4:15pm

Hello Everyone,

I am new do this community as well as mixed signal design Cheesy. I have a small project in which I am using 2 floating gates (let say T1 and T2). I need to read both of these transistors and based on their current/voltage behavior I need to figure out which transistor is programmed and which is not. At a time only 1 transistor will be programmed

As per my understanding, I have two solutions:
1. Current mirror: I can design 2 simple current mirrors with ratio 1:2. Since the one which is programmed will pass higher current and when this current will mirrored it will be doubled and then I can use that to drive any circuitry (or any suggestion for sensing it?).

2. Differential amplifier: I can use differential amplifier with an active load . Since the transistor which is programmed has it threshold voltage increased and its VDS would be more then the un-programmed one. I can connect the drain terminals (in case of PMOS) of floating gates to the input of differential amplifier and based on the O/P I can sense which transistor is programmed.

Could anyone please confirm that am I on right track ?
Thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.