The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 11:42am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
CppSim questions (Read 3100 times)
maxcy

CppSim questions
Apr 26th, 2018, 9:13am

I've been using this tool and gone through a lot of examples, and come up with many questions so far. I have been posting my question about using the tutorial and their examples on this forum, but so far have had very few, if any replies so far.  Am I posting in the wrong forum as I have been posting in a forum for simulation as that is what the questions relate to. The notify if replies is checked, so I should get emails when replied to. So far this forum acts like no one is out there! Specifically I am now looking at the Fractional N Synthesizer tutorial with it's download example library and all the examples will not compile without errors. I have posted several posts about these problems, but it seems like everyone is baffled or the posts aren't worthy enough of a reply.

View Profile   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Re: CppSim questions
Reply #1 - Apr 26th, 2018, 2:56pm

System Simulators would be the right board, but I don't believe there are many CppSim users on this site. It leans more towards circuit simulation than system simulation.

-Ken

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Reply #2 - Apr 29th, 2018, 12:57am

In addition to what Ken said, most of your posts were rather lacking in detail - they didn't say which tool you were using (e.g. just asking questions about test.par syntax without saying which tool this related to). The forum guidelines explain what you should provide (see the link at the top where it says "Please follow the Forum guidelines"). They also repeated the same questions in different posts in slightly different ways, which is a good way of annoying readers of the threads (which also reduces the likelihood of a response).

That said, as Ken said, I'm not sure that even if you had provided more detail, you'd get many answers given the profile of users on these forums.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
maxcy

Reply #3 - Apr 29th, 2018, 8:34am

The suite of tools that I am referring to is Sue2 and PLLDesign, which are an open source set of tools that work very well for PLL design and circuit simulation. I have found other PLL tools out there, but they seem to be used for that manufacturers set of ICs, so they are not very general as this tool is. So it seems like this forum is completely oblivious to Sue2 which is too bad. Maybe some of your followers should check out this set of tools: they would be amazed.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.