The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 29th, 2024, 1:45am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
how to understand noise in class-D amplifier. (Read 427 times)
Jacki

how to understand noise in class-D amplifier.
Jun 11th, 2018, 6:14am

Hi,
   Normally in Class-D amplifier, we focus on power supply noise, THD, power efficiency, and the SNR is usually quite good, and depends on the amplitude of the output signal.
   I wonder how to analyze the internal noise of the class-D amplifier if we don't consider the power supply noise?
   1. First I think we need to consider the load, normally it is a resistor in series with an inductor in the audio amplifier, I think we can use the KTL to calculate the noise from the load.
   2. But how to analyze the noise from the class-D amplifier? Can we use the concept of jitter to look at this part? Because the jitter will change the duty cycle of the PWM waveform at the output of the class-D amplifier, and it will change the SNR.
   3. Or how do we convert the internal noise of the class-D amplifier into a noise factor of the KTL?

Jacki

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.