The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 17th, 2024, 6:57pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Delta Sigma digital to analog converter (DAC) (Read 1480 times)
polyam
Community Member

Delta Sigma digital to analog converter (DAC)
Dec 13th, 2018, 4:40pm

Hi,

I am designing a 16-bit delta-sigma DAC to cover 3-MHz bandwidth. It consists of the interpolation filter, delta-sigma modulator, DAC and reconstruction filter.
Reconstruction filter generally consists of a switched capacitor filter followed by a buffer and a continuous time filter.
The interpolation factor is 128 and I am clocking the delta-sigma modulator at 800MHz.
I haven't seen any delta-sigma DAC paper at this sampling rate with such a structure.
Anyways,
1- Is it really feasible to have a delta-sigma DAC at this sampling rate? Assuming that the delta-sigma modulator operates at this rate (it is a placed and routed digital circuit), the main bottleneck is the switched capacitor filter.
If it is feasible, what is the rule of thumps for the unity gain bandwidth of the OTA used in the switched capacitor filter?

I am adding the block diagram of the DAC.

Thanks

Delta_Sigma_DAC.png
View Profile   IP Logged
polyam
Community Member

Re: Delta Sigma digital to analog converter (DAC)
Reply #1 - Dec 13th, 2018, 4:41pm

Reconstruction filter

Recon_filter.png
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.