The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 9:35am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
opamp simulation (Read 681 times)
blue111
Community Member

opamp simulation
Apr 15th, 2019, 7:54am

For improving phase margin of opamp3.asc , I use an extra series 5k resistor R1 to put a zero near the unity gain frequency.
but then, good accurate resistor is hard to fabricate.

So, let me ask: anyone have any idea on how to replace both the ideal current source and the extra resistor with a mosfet in ohmic region without using any extra bias voltage source ?

In other words, is it possible to use constant gm bias circuit in both opamp3.asc and opamp.asc circuit ?

View Profile   IP Logged
dog1
Community Member

Re: opamp simulation
Reply #1 - Apr 29th, 2019, 8:37am

Hi blue111,

I am not sure if this really correspond to the question you are asking, but I guess you could split the bias branch into 2, one for Nmos and one for Pmos, and copy the current into both branches. Then you could use normal gm-transistor.

As for the detail of the bias, note that in a feedback system, Ids15->Ids11->Ids12->Ids13->Ids14,  I guess if you bias M15 in a fixed ratio with the gm-transistor (through 2 diode connected transistor in serial, for example), that might work?

PS: I know my drawing is terrible...

Capture_019.PNG
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.