The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 18th, 2024, 8:03pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Question on Sampled PAC (Read 1088 times)
iVenky

Silicon Valley
Question on Sampled PAC
Dec 24th, 2019, 4:20pm

Hi,

I am wondering what the sampled PAC does exactly.

Let's say I have an LPTV system H(jw,t)=ΣHk(jw) ejkwst where ws = 2Π/Ts where 'Ts' is the periodicity of the system & 'k' is an integer from -∞ to -∞.
Here Hk(jw) are the harmonic transfer functions.

Let's say we have an input x(t)=ejwint to the system H(jw,t) and whose output is y(t) which has the frequency translated input x(t) scaled by the harmonic transfer functions.

What does the sampled PAC at a time 't0' actually measure? I can understand PAC voltage gain, which looks at the gain frequency translated output magnitude to input magnitude. On the other hand, what does sampled PAC voltage gain do?

Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays Smiley

« Last Edit: Dec 25th, 2019, 11:18am by iVenky »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Frank Wiedmann
Community Fellow

Munich, Germany
Re: Question on Sampled PAC
Reply #1 - Jan 8th, 2020, 7:54am

Sampled PAC gives you the signal that you would see at the output of an ideal sampler that is running at the frequency of the PSS analysis (see https://support.cadence.com/apex/techpubDocViewerPage?&path=spectreRFTheory/spec...). For an explanation of ideal sampling, you can take a look at Ken's paper https://designers-guide.org/analysis/sc-filters.pdf. When he wrote it, the sampled PAC and PXF analyses had not yet been implemented in SpectreRF, so he used an ideal sample-and-hold written in Verilog-A.

« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2020, 1:19am by Frank Wiedmann »  
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.