The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 3:39am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cadence SFDR and ENOB simulation for DAC/ADC over frequency and input amplitude (Read 878 times)
repah
Community Member

Cadence SFDR and ENOB simulation for DAC/ADC over frequency and input amplitude
Apr 06th, 2020, 2:36pm

Hello,

I am using Cadence Spectre/Virtuoso IC5.1, so I dont have access to the new Spectrum Assistant.

I want to use Cadence Spectre/Virtuoso to plot SFDR and ENOB for a DAC (but also for an ADC later) over frequency and input amplitude.

Is there a way to do this using calculator and parametric analysis ?  

Thank you.

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re:  Cadence SFDR and ENOB simulation for DAC/ADC over frequency and input amplitude
Reply #1 - Apr 10th, 2020, 2:02am

OK, well it's a bit tough if you're using a software release that came out 16 years ago and was last updated 9 years ago. The Rapid Adoption Kit I mentioned in the other post is not going to help you very much then...

If I remember rightly, the wavescan calculator had a spectrum function - but I may be mistaken as to when that was introduced. You should check the documentation.

You really should look into trying to use a software release from at least the last 5 years!

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
repah
Community Member

Re:  Cadence SFDR and ENOB simulation for DAC/ADC over frequency and input amplitude
Reply #2 - Apr 16th, 2020, 3:04pm

Thank you.

It's difficult to learn the fundamental concepts when the program does everything for you.  Once you know, it's good to go to the lastest software version though.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.