The Designer's Guide Community Forum
https://designers-guide.org/forum/YaBB.pl
Design >> RF Design >> How to interpret T-match behavior?
https://designers-guide.org/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1331275086

Message started by VINAY RAO on Mar 8th, 2012, 10:38pm

Title: How to interpret T-match behavior?
Post by VINAY RAO on Mar 8th, 2012, 10:38pm

Hello all,
I have designed the T-match network to get resultant impedance of 2 Ohm out of 50 ohm load. I have plotted S11 & ZM (both mag & phase) and getting exact results (I have attached both circuits and simulated results). But one question is popping up in my mind about its behavior.
I take this circuit as some black box and connect the port to measure ZM. In the result, it can be observable that impedance�s magnitude is reducing and phase is increasing which is going towards a positive phase. If I look only at impedance�s magnitude then this black box can be called as capacitive circuit but if I look at the phase only then I will make it out as an inductive circuit.  But here, result belongs to neither of these expected categories (either inductive or capacitive). Though one can expect in before-hand about the reduction of impedance�s magnitude as it is been designed to get down to 2 ohm from 50, how one can predict its phase variations?

The Designer's Guide Community Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.