The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 18th, 2024, 3:11pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Diffusion Resistors (Read 3345 times)
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Diffusion Resistors
Sep 21st, 2002, 10:08pm

I have just recently placed a new paper on the website that describes a relatively easy way to model diffusion resistors. You can find it at http://www.designers-guide.com/Modeling/diffusion-resistors.pdf. I put it together when I found that many people are using two-terminal models for diffusion resistors. Of course, the resistance of diffusion resistors is affected by the substrate. Any by ignoring the substrate terminal, they were taking a relatively simple modeling effort and making it much harder.

My goal in writing the paper was to develop a simple model that could easily replace their existing models. In particular, I wanted the model to accept the same parameters as the existing models. However, I do not personally have much experience with either diffusion resistors or the existing models. So I had to make some guesses. I would really appreciate it if someone that is familiar with them could give me feedback on the model presented in this paper.

In particular, I am interested in finding out
  • If the two-terminal model that I present is in fact heavily used out there.
  • If so, what exactly does the model look like (what is the constitutive equation and what are the parameters)
  • How do people really extract the parameters?
  • Whether the approach that I propose is well known, and if so, is it considered the best approach?
  • Whether I made any mistakes, missed something, or could change the paper to make it better.

I'd appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks,
Ken

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.