The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 1:19pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Information about JitterSim (Read 3747 times)
saurabh

Information about JitterSim
Apr 08th, 2003, 7:47am

Hi!

There is a function in verilogA called JitterSim that, I think, is used to find the jitter in a given circuit. Where do I need to look in to find more information about this function? I looked into the openbook and tried 'spectre -help veriloga' but couldn't find anything. (I found the function being used in one of Kundert's paper related to phase noise and jitter simulation.)

Please help.

Thanks,
saurabh

IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Re: Information about JitterSim
Reply #1 - Apr 8th, 2003, 3:07pm

The name JitterSim in this paper is not some built-in function or capability in either Spectre or Artist.  It is simply the name given to a particular transient analysis.

Unlike Spice, Spectre is capable of running multiple transient analyses in succession. As such, when using the Spectre native netlist format, you must give each analysis a name so that the results produced by several transient analyses can be distinguished. The names are arbitrary, except they must be unique. When I name my analyses, I try to give them names that are indicative of what they are being used for. The transient analysis in question was being used to predict the jitter performance of the circuit, so I named it JitterSim. But I could have named it anything.

-Ken

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.