The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 24th, 2024, 12:14pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
pss analysis using GUI version of spectreS (Read 5085 times)
Voldemort

pss analysis using GUI version of spectreS
Jun 23rd, 2003, 1:21pm

Hi,
I read the guide on using PSS for sc analysis. It talks about the analysis in terms of using it from a VerilogA script. I use Cadence Composer for my circuit schematic and Affirma Analog Circuit Design Environment (GUI) for my analysis.

When I choose pss as the analysis I do not get any box which asks for the maxacfreq parameter. Though the design guide mentions that maxacfreq parameter does not have to be proactively chosen I would still like to know where to select it.

Furthermore the design guide says that the input must be set to DC for the PSS analysis and then to an AC source for using PAC analysis. This was done using the "alter" keyword in the verilog listing. How does one go about doing this the GUI way.

This website has the link to SpectreS manual that has screen shots of the GUI. This site has also links to lots of Cadence manuals.

http://www.sli.strath.ac.uk/new-docs.htm

Thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
August West
Community Member

I'll get up and fly
away

Re: pss analysis using GUI version of spectreS
Reply #1 - Jun 24th, 2003, 1:29am

Listing 1 is not Verilog, it is the analysis portion of a native Spectre netlist.

You should find maxacfreq on the PSS choose analysis form, or the PSS options form.

Concerning altering the source, one does not do this when running PSS & PAC analyses. The pacmag parameter, which is used to specify the source amplitude in the PAC analysis does not affect the source during the PSS analysis. So for PSS & PAC analyses, you can specify pacmag and leave the source unchanged when running the PSS analysis.

The alter statements in Listing 1 is used to turn on one or two tones in the input signal during the QPSS analysis.  When running the analysis in Artist, you must manually configure the sources before running the QPSS analysis.

-August

View Profile   IP Logged
Voldemort

Reply #2 - Jun 30th, 2003, 10:03am

Hi August,
Sorry about the mistake stating that the spectre netlist is verilog.
Thanks for the reply. I was able to find the maxacfreq parameter. Does the TCLK parameter described in the article by Ken the same as the Fundamental period property in the pss analysis form in the GUI version
Thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
August West
Community Member

I'll get up and fly
away

Reply #3 - Jun 30th, 2003, 5:12pm

Yep.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.