The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 4th, 2024, 9:27am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Error in Spectre when running process corner (Read 2186 times)
froggy

Error in Spectre when running process corner
Nov 24th, 2004, 12:46am

I am currently doing post layout extraction simulation on Spectre. I am using Columbus RF tool for my layout extraction and Spectre to run my simulation. After post layout extraction, I am facing problem at Spectre when I changed alway the process corner to negative sigma. It will indicated the following messages:
" Error found by spectre in 'pfet': '+19' duirng hierachy flattening. I0.+19.djdb_area of pfet: Value of 'area' should be greater than or equal to zero"

I have try running the simulation at 0 sigma process corner and +3 sigma process corner, the simulation is able to run but I always face the above problem when I switch to -3 sigma corner. What causes this problem? Can anyone help me to solve this issue? Thank you

View Profile   IP Logged
Mighty Mouse
Community Member

Here I come to save
the day!

Fantasyland
Re: Error in Spectre when running process corner
Reply #1 - Nov 24th, 2004, 8:20am

It appears the '+19' is an instance of a subcircuit that contains a pfet 'djdb_area'. I believe that you will find that when running the negative corner one or more of the parameters of the '+19' model are being processed with the result being a negative number, and that number is being passed to the area of 'djdb_area'.

- MM -

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.