The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 23rd, 2024, 8:24am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
how to plot gm/I0 and fT/I0 in analog artist (Read 5073 times)
nus_lin
Community Member

how to plot gm/I0 and fT/I0 in analog artist
Mar 18th, 2005, 8:02am

Dear guys,

I am using cadence, analog artist. the simulator i use is spectre. Now i need to sweep I0 and plot the change of transconductance and other parameters as the position of poles. can anybody told me how to do that?

there is an option like "setup output" from the pop-up window of simulator, is is the correct access to the parameters like gm, cgs,cgd?

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: how to plot gm/I0 and fT/I0 in analog artist
Reply #1 - Mar 20th, 2005, 2:35am

This has come up a few times. A quick search (using the search button at the top of the Forum), for "gm sweep", setting the maximum post age to 600 days,
gave this (amongst others):

http://www.designers-guide.org/Forum/?board=circuit;action=display;num=107949162...

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
nus_lin
Community Member

Reply #2 - Mar 20th, 2005, 10:57pm

Many thanks  to you, andrew. but can you tell me more detail about where to put the include file? is there any old include file for spectre simulator? i cann't find any include file in my working directary,   Embarrassed.

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Reply #3 - Mar 20th, 2005, 11:09pm

If you're using the analog design environment, choose Setup->Model Libraries, and then add the included file there. You can put it wherever you want, if you give the path to the file. Or you can set an include path (on the Setup->Simulation Files form) and then give a relative path on the model libraries form.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
smchiu

Reply #4 - Jul 23rd, 2006, 1:34am

Hi Andrew,

May I by the way ask a similar question on this?

I want to plot gm/I vs Vgs-Vt instead of just vs Vgs. In Hspice, I use to use a command called .probe with PAR to set Vgs - Vt to a certain single variable to plot it. However, in SPECTRE, I am not sure what to do. Please advice.

Thanks a lot.
David.

View Profile   IP Logged
ADDA

Reply #5 - Jul 24th, 2006, 6:19am

You can use caculator to get what you want.

smchiu wrote on Jul 23rd, 2006, 1:34am:
Hi Andrew,

May I by the way ask a similar question on this?

I want to plot gm/I vs Vgs-Vt instead of just vs Vgs. In Hspice, I use to use a command called .probe with PAR to set Vgs - Vt to a certain single variable to plot it. However, in SPECTRE, I am not sure what to do. Please advice.

Thanks a lot.
David.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.