The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 22nd, 2024, 6:14am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Paper-"A test bench for diff. circuits" (Read 2120 times)
trond

Glasgow, Scotland
Paper-"A test bench for diff. circuits"
Apr 16th, 2005, 6:19am

I just had a look at the paper mentioned above and had a go at the test bench provided in Figure 6. When measuring the differential mode gain using an AC analysis I noticed that the roll-off of the gain occurs slightly earlier when compared to an ordinary test bench set up for diff.-mode gain, meaning that the UGF is lower. Am I doing something wrong? I am used to taking the dB20((vout+ - vout-)/(vin+ - vin-)).

Thanks.

View Profile   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Re: Paper-"A test bench for diff. circuits&qu
Reply #1 - Apr 16th, 2005, 8:11am

The test bench given in the paper allows you to simply and independently specify the differential and common-mode impedances seen by the circuit at both the input and output. The test bench traditionally used does not. If your circuit is behaving differently with the new test bench, it is probably because one of these impedances is different.

-Ken

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.