The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 18th, 2024, 4:23am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
spice3f5 bsim4.4.0 model help (Read 786 times)
m_saibhushan

Lets have fun

spice3f5 bsim4.4.0 model help
Jun 03rd, 2005, 4:09pm

hi all,

I have installed spice3f5 on my linux machine and tried to include bsim4.4.0 model into the installation. The build and installation process went smoothly but I am not sure if the bsim4.4.0 model is actually incorporated into my installation. If anybody is familier with spice installation, please tell me what I can do to make sure of it.
For the installation, i modified the conf/defaults file to include the bsim directory name (bsim4) and placed the bsim4.4.0 directory in the ~/src/lib/dev directory with all the other devices. I renamed the directory to bsim4 to match with the conf/defaults file.
I have tried executing simple spice netlists and they are working, but transistor models are generating errors saying the parameter is undefined.
thanks,

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: spice3f5 bsim4.4.0 model help
Reply #1 - Jun 6th, 2005, 6:24am

Look in the directory src/lib/inp at the files "inp2m.c" and "inpdomod.c"
This is where spice maps "nmos level=4" to bsim1, etc.

You need to pick a level for bsim4.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: spice3f5 bsim4.4.0 model help
Reply #2 - Jun 30th, 2005, 5:27am

One follow-up: the code in "inpfindl.c" only looks for levels 0-9.  If you have a two-digit level (14 is often chosen for bsim4), then you need to make the appropriate modifications here.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.