The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 17th, 2024, 10:24pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
changing/adding variables problem (Read 3148 times)
trond

Glasgow, Scotland
changing/adding variables problem
Jun 20th, 2005, 10:45pm

I have encountered a rather odd problem in Cadence, mainly in the Analog Design Environment.
I did not have the problem before. Let me explain. For some reason I cannot edit or change variables. For example, when setting simulation variables in the Optimizer I cannot add them. As always I do Variables -> Edit/Add and then select the ones I would like to add and assign maximum, minimum, and initial values. However, when clicking OK or Apply it will not add them.
The CIW tells me that no variables were added. Hmm......
There a similar problem occurs when trying to change simulation variables directly in the analog design environment. Furthermore, when trying to remove added outputs from the window I wanted to print cannot delete them. I don't know of this makes any sense. I hope someone has encountered something similar before and can share his/her thoughts.

Thanks.
Svensl

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: changing/adding variables problem
Reply #1 - Jun 21st, 2005, 6:23am

It sounds as if it could be the good old LANG problem - reading between the lines of what you said.

Try doing:

Code:
setenv LANG C 

if you're a csh user, or:

Code:
export LANG=C 

if you're a sh, ksh, or bash user.

Do this in the shell before you start DFII (e.g. icms).

One of the symptoms of LANG being set to something unusual (and this is rather more common on Linux) is that you can't select from any list boxes - or rather, DFII ignores your selections.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
trond

Glasgow, Scotland
Reply #2 - Jun 21st, 2005, 7:26am

Yes, it was a LANG setting problem. Your suggestion worked. By the way, Cadence is running on Linux.

Thanks.

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Reply #3 - Jun 21st, 2005, 12:06pm

I think we may have solved this LANG issue in recent subversions - but I've not checked, since I have LANG set in my login system as a precaution, given the large number of different versions I work with in customer support.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.