The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Sep 1st, 2024, 6:21am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Plotting OIP3 vs IIP3 using Hspice+AvanWaves (Read 3995 times)
Syahrizal

Plotting OIP3 vs IIP3 using Hspice+AvanWaves
Jul 24th, 2005, 10:37pm

Dear all,

Does anyone here uses HSPICE? I have spent a lot of time looking into plotting OIP3 vs IIP3 to find 1db-compression point and third order intercept point using the normal HSPICE. There are no manual available for such plot, but I believe there must be a way to do it. Just wondering if anyone has come across it and successfully solve it. Thanks a lot

IP Logged
spiceoracle

USA
Re: Plotting OIP3 vs IIP3 using Hspice+AvanWaves
Reply #1 - Aug 10th, 2005, 12:48pm

Plotting OIP3 and IIP3 using HSPICE is not possible.  

HSPICE will not show non-linear effects such as compression points or intercept points.  If you want to simulate non-linear effects, you will need to use HSPICE RF.  You can then measure OIP3 and IIP3 using CosmosScope.

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Reply #2 - Aug 18th, 2005, 10:38am

Spiceoracle -
Couldn't you do this by running a bunch of transient analyses and computing FFTs?  I agree that an RF simulator would be better, though.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
spiceoracle

USA
Reply #3 - Sep 8th, 2005, 11:14am

In theory, running a bunch of transient analyses and computing FFTs should work.  I've never tried this and I really don't know of anyone who has successfully used this method.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.