The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 19th, 2024, 4:29am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PSS frequency domain results (Read 2263 times)
Murphy.Dave

PSS frequency domain results
Jul 28th, 2005, 2:30am

Hello all,

I running PSS simulations for a number of LC oscillator varients (using Spectre through Ocean scripts). I have set it up so that I save all currents and voltages.

>>>  saveOption('save "all" 'pwr "all" 'currents "all")

In the time domain (pss_td), the simulations produce results for all the node voltages and all the currents into all the devices. However in the frequency domain (pss_fd)  the simulations only produce results for currents into inductors and voltage supplies.

Is there a way to generated frequency domain results for the currents into active devices (MOSFETS) and capacitors??

Any help is appreciated.

Dave

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: PSS frequency domain results
Reply #1 - Jul 31st, 2005, 9:27pm

You need to turn on the option "useprobes" (spectre -h options). In OCEAN:

Code:
option('useprobes "yes") 

This tells spectre to put an iprobe in series with all devices, and measure the current through that. Spectre cannot normally measure frequency domain device currents (in ac simulations too) without using useprobes.

You should be cautious of using useprobes (and subcktprobelvl) for big circuits because it can add a large number of iprobe components (check the circuit inventory in the simulator output) which can lead to increased memory usage and slower simulations. Just be careful, that's all...
There are plans to solve (or at least minimise) this requirement for iprobe insertion in an upcoming release.

Best Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.