The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Sep 1st, 2024, 8:24am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Segmentation fault (Read 3874 times)
sugar
Community Member

Segmentation fault
Sep 07th, 2005, 1:09am

I am doing corner simulation with spectre by using ocean script.
My simulaltion bench includes a Verilog-A module used to measure jitter of the output signal.
For some corners, simulation can be successfully done, but some corners fail.
The error message is,
Internal error found in spectre during initial setup. Please run 'getSpectreFiles' or send the netlist, the spectre log file, the behavioral model files, and any other information that can help identify the problem to support@cadence.com.
Segmentation fault.

This error happens randomly. If I re-run the simulation, then the previously failed corners can be ok, but other corners might fail.

Help me, thanks!!!

View Profile   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Re: Segmentation fault
Reply #1 - Sep 7th, 2005, 7:22am

A segmentation fault is always caused by a bug in the simulator. You should contact Cadence and inform them of the problem.

=Ken

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: Segmentation fault
Reply #2 - Sep 7th, 2005, 4:13pm

And another thing to try first is if you're using an old version, try a more recent one in case the problem you've hit has been encountered by someone else in the meantime and fixed. Otherwise the correct solution is to contact customer support, with as much information as possible (as Ken said).

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.