The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 22nd, 2024, 2:15pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Generating Table or file frm display (Read 1622 times)
jefkat
Community Member

Generating Table or file frm display
Oct 11th, 2005, 2:47am

Hey Guys,

I have a waveform, generated by calculator, displayed in 'waveform window". I want to have it in tabular form .
            Anyone knows how to get there ?
           Thanks for your help!
           jefkat

View Profile   IP Logged
Jess Chen
Community Fellow

California Bay Area
Re: Generating Table or file frm display
Reply #1 - Oct 11th, 2005, 10:15am

1. Bring up the waveform calculator.

2. Select the waveform of interest. If you want to record another waveform with the same time stamps, select the other waveform and hit the "app" button in the waveform calculator.

3. Click the "printvs" button on the waveform calculator. This will bring up a results window with your data. This procedure is only good for less than 2000 points (or so, I don't remember the exact number). You will be prompted for step sizes and so on. You can use this step to reduce the number of points if necessary.

4. If you want to replace the suffixes (k,u,m etc) with scientic notation, which I recommend if you are shipping the data to a spreadsheet,  click "Expressions" in the results window and click the scientific button. You will have to re-enter the step size and range. "OK" this window.

5. In  the results window, click "Window" and then "Print".

6. Click the "File" button and enter the full path to where you want the file stored then "ok" that window.

-Jess

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.