The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 21st, 2024, 4:20am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
AC analysis in Ansoft Designer with Nexxim (Read 2566 times)
carl_chao

AC analysis in Ansoft Designer with Nexxim
Dec 01st, 2005, 9:25am

Hi,  

I'm trying to do a simple opamp (with MOSFETs and resistors) spice-styled AC analysis with Nexxim, but cannot get the right result. It seems that I need to use the Linear Network Analysis to do that, but exactly how, and how about the input and output port impedance, and what should I plot in its simulation results (the S21 parameter?)? Is there an old way in Nexxim like in Cadence or other spice simulator to do the AC analysis?  

Thanks in advance!  

CC

View Profile   IP Logged
vborich

Re: AC analysis in Ansoft Designer with Nexxim
Reply #1 - Dec 2nd, 2005, 8:36pm

Some simulators, especially the microwave-centric ones, do not offer classical AC analysis. I've never used Nexxim, but I am aware of others that don't.

You can compute all the quantities you need from multi-port matrix parameters, either directly or as functions of the matrix elements.

For example, the open-circuit voltage gain of your opamp is an element of the ABCD a.k.a chain matrix, if Nexxim lets you compute it.

Except for the S-parameters, most other network descriptions are port impedance-independent, so it really doesn't matter what you specify.

Vuk

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.