The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 28th, 2024, 2:57pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Questions on Cadence tool, icfb (Read 3784 times)
shchangtx

Questions on Cadence tool, icfb
Feb 07th, 2006, 3:26pm

Dear all,

I am using icfb for some simualtion. The problem I have is;

How to assign different model parameters to each of transistors?

I need to run simulation for device degradation and assuming different levels of degradation to each transistor, I want assign model parameters nmos1 to tr1, nmos2 to tr2....
Because I attached a technology file to library, when I instantiate a tr in schematic, it automatically has the model name from the technology. How can I change it?

One more question is,
Is is possible to get verilog file from schematic view? I have a schematic file and want to get verilog file for it.

Thanks in advance for your help!

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: Questions on Cadence tool, icfb
Reply #1 - Feb 7th, 2006, 8:45pm

If you use transistors from analogLib (nmos4, pmos4, say), you can specify the model name to be whatever you like. Those from a PDK usually have the model names hardcoded to match the device models that come with the PDK.

For a Verilog netlist, you can use Tools->Simulation->Verilog (there's either Verilog or NC-Verilog, but the netlister is the same).

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
shchangtx

Re: Questions on Cadence tool, icfb
Reply #2 - Feb 8th, 2006, 6:48am

Thanks a lot!

You always have the answer for my question!!!
Smiley

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.