The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 19th, 2024, 4:58pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Setting NCsim command line args from Artist (Read 4282 times)
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Setting NCsim command line args from Artist
Feb 08th, 2006, 1:55pm

All,
   When starting the AMS simulator from Aritst, Artist sends a whole slew of command line arguments. Two that it sends that I don't particularly care for is -run and -exit. Could someone tell me how to set Artist such that it does not send these command line arguments.

Thanks
-Ken

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: Setting NCsim command line args from Artist
Reply #1 - Feb 9th, 2006, 3:43am

Hi Ken,

Simulation->Run Options

Then pick Simulate to be Interactive (Debugger) instead of Batch (Normal).

This will stop -run -exit being added, although you'll get -gui instead. I presume if you didn't
want it to start running (but to still simulate), you'd want some interactive means of controlling
the simulation?

The same form also can allow you to control whether you're compiling, elaborating, and simulating.

I think (from memory) that this came in for IC5141 USR2. I was trying it in the latest (post USR3)
ISR.

Regards,

Andrew,

Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Re: Setting NCsim command line args from Artist
Reply #2 - Feb 9th, 2006, 11:11am

Thanks Andrew. I knew there had to be a way, but I was looking under Simulation→Options. Once I found the Options settings, it never occurred to me that there would be another set of settings for "Run Options", particularly since you can set run options in Simulation→Options. In fact, I was manually adding the -gui, and I was doing it in Simulation→Options→AMS Simulator.

-Ken

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.