The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 24th, 2024, 4:42pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hysteresis check using spectre (Read 174 times)
always@smart

ASIA
Hysteresis check using spectre
Jun 02nd, 2006, 11:27pm

Dear all,

I wanna check the hysteresis with dc in spectre.

So far I'm checking the result by setting >DC analysis> Design Variable>

1st run : Start =1.0 , Stop= 1.4, Step Size= 0.01, using calculator plot output
2nd run: Start= 1.4, Stop= 1.0, Step Size=-0.01,  using calculator plot output

I think this method is just toublesome (if i wanna check for all PVT), I tried to use parametric sweep with step size, but it is able to step from 1.0 ~1.4 , it can't sweep reversely.

Can someone please suggest me a simpler method to chech hysterisis using spectre?

Regards,
Smart

Best Regards,
Smart
View Profile   IP Logged
mikki33
Community Member

Analog/Mixed
Signal/High Speed

Israel
Re: Hysteresis check using spectre
Reply #1 - Jun 3rd, 2006, 4:30am

try to use transient with PWL at the input changing very slowly. For ex. start from 1V and go to 1.4 in 1 us and after go back to 1 in another us. The result will be very close to DC (the slower the input changes the better you accuracy).

If your curcuit (comparator???) is clocked define the accuracy by changing input signal during 1 clock cycle. (for ex. if you want 1 mV accuracy, make the input changing 1 mV during 1 clock cycle).

If you don't have time to do it good
you will find time to do it again
View Profile   IP Logged
always@smart

ASIA
Reply #2 - Jun 3rd, 2006, 5:04am

Hi Mikki33,

Yeah, this is a good way. Thank you for your suggestion

So there is no better way for DC analysis?

Regards,
Smart

Best Regards,
Smart
View Profile   IP Logged
Jess Chen
Community Fellow

California Bay Area
Reply #3 - Jun 3rd, 2006, 8:25am

I not sure but I think the parameteric DC sweep uses the solution at the last parameter value in the sweep as the initial guess for the solution at the next sweep value. If that is indeed true, you could see hytsteresis from a DC sweep... if you could do the reverse direction. If you really want to use the DC sweep, you could try introducing an intermediate variable, say x, and set x equal to a periodic function of the actual sweep parameter. For example, suppose you want to sweep a voltage from -1 to 1 volts and then back to -1 volts. Define x(y)=-cos(y) in your ADE window and then sweep y from 0 to 2pi.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.