The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 21st, 2024, 10:23am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
HSPICE: How to write many runs to ONE out file? (Read 2322 times)
cheshire_cat

Colorado Springs
HSPICE: How to write many runs to ONE out file?
Nov 10th, 2006, 11:21am

Hi everyone,

Embarrassed  Does any HSPICE user know how to write multiple runs within a deck (say I have 20 .alter statements) to a SINGLE .tr# file? I do not want to have 20 .tr# files. I have just returned to HSPICE from another SPICE-based simulator, which by default would place all runs into one output file. I would like this so that I may fire up CosmosScope and plot a variable for all 20 cases through just one plot file instead of 20.

I have looked through all the HSPICE documentation and it all refers to creating a unique .tr file for each result (tr0-19). What if I were to run MC simulations. Would HSPICE create 500 (e.g.) different plot files?? I cannnot believe it would.

Any other tips from somebody who interfaces HSPICE with CosmosScope would be appreciated. I used to run Saber and Scope together, and they are very slick. Very easy to plot hundreds of iterations.

-Chris

View Profile   IP Logged
prcken

PRC
Re: HSPICE: How to write many runs to ONE out file
Reply #1 - Nov 14th, 2006, 5:22am

i think u can simulate a file at first, then open the Avanwaves to get the plot, then simulate each file step by step, but  get the plot from the same Avanwaves window, cilck desing--> open, then u can get all your curves in one plot

View Profile   IP Logged
spiceoracle

USA
Re: HSPICE: How to write many runs to ONE out file
Reply #2 - Nov 16th, 2006, 12:52pm

Sorry, there is no way cause HSPICE to write only one waveform file for all .ALTER blocks in your netlist.  A Monte Carlo analysis is not the same.  Only one waveform file is written when you do a Monte Carlo analysis.

This is a case where AvanWaves is a better choice of waveform viewers since it understands the concept of a design and will open all the waveform files at one time.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.