The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 10:22pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Simulating Predictive models in Cadece Spectre (Read 2408 times)
rgnanadavid

Bangalore, INDIA
Simulating Predictive models in Cadece Spectre
Jan 21st, 2007, 8:27am

Hi I tried simulating my design using the 65nm BPTM in cadence spectre. But the simulator returned with an error saying "level=54" not supported and also syntax error in parameters like " version,tnom, aigbacc,kt1 etc...".   I generally simulate my design using UMC130nm foundary model files. But i wanted to try my design using the 65nm predictive models. Can u help me in fixing the problem...

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: Simulating Predictive models in Cadece Spectre
Reply #1 - Jan 22nd, 2007, 8:23am

level=54 sounds like you're using an HSpice model file ... which I guess should be OK since Spectre has a Spice parser.  But maybe you can try level=14, which I think is the number for BSIM4 in Berkeley Spice (rather than 54 used by HSpice).  You'll know if it works if you don't get warnings about unknown parameters.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
rgnanadavid

Bangalore, INDIA
Re: Simulating Predictive models in Cadece Spectre
Reply #2 - Jan 25th, 2007, 11:44pm

Hi i just figured out the problem. The cadence version that i have is IC5033 and it does not preprocess the spice model file to spectre model file. So i used the 'spp' seperately and included the newly generated file in my simulation and it worked... Cheesy

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.