The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 14th, 2024, 9:45pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
error in building of design structure (Read 2900 times)
Pavel

Lausanne/Switzerland
error in building of design structure
Jan 30th, 2007, 1:02am

Hello

Simulating my design I remarked that behaviour of one of the blocks is complitely different from what is expected.
I began explore the problem and discover that elaborator didn't take in account this block. How I arrived to this conclusion - this block isn't seen in design browser of SimVision.
But when I examine design structure in Hierarchy editor, this block is present there, and more, it exposes all its hierarchy (block is written in AMS).
What could be the reason of such mismatch between design structures build in Hierarchy Editor and in SimVision?

Regards.

Pavel.

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: error in building of design structure
Reply #1 - Feb 7th, 2007, 4:19am

Do you have a SPICE or spectre subckt model for the block included? Unfortunately that wins over what is specified in the hierarchy editor - this is a "feature" which is going to be corrected, but at the moment you can workaround it using:

Code:
setenv CONFIG_MODELPATH YES 

before starting the simulator (or before starting DFII if running from DFII).

This is covered in the sourcelink solution I wrote on this issue - number 11249522.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
zhong
Community Member

California , United States
Re: error in building of design structure
Reply #2 - Feb 8th, 2007, 12:38am

Normally, ncelab should pick up what you have binding in HED .

Two exceptions ..
1. CONFIG_MODELPATH  .. As Andre indicated

Regarding CONFIG_MODELPATH YES , it solve the binding issue when you have same cell , one instance binding to module view , another one binding to spice netlist (via source file or modelpath) . If you have such case, then setenv CONFIG_MODELPATH YES is way to go.

2 HED config did not get update
If it does not resolve the problem, the other possibility is that , after you change the HED view binding , you did not update it.  In such case,  config/expand.cfg did not get update and ncelab will pick up the old view .  Please also update the HED and re-run the simulation ...

zhong

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.