The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 22nd, 2024, 9:37pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The step response (Read 2218 times)
dandelion
Community Member

The step response
Feb 12th, 2007, 10:18pm

Hi,
If I want to do the step response to my block and check its stabilty, what amplitude and rise time should i selct in doing this?

Put another words,  what's the descranpancy between the large signal pulse response and small signal pulse response in describe the stability?

Thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
topquark
Community Member

Thames Valley, UK
Re: The step response
Reply #1 - Feb 13th, 2007, 4:24am

In principle, for a purely linear system the signal level shouldn't matter.
However, when it comes to different practical systems, we are constrained by limited-linear devices, bounded supply voltages.

So, for a power-electronic system a few volts and several amps maybe the order, for a microchip they maybe completely out-of-range.

You need to know something about the contents of your block apriori.

-Gau

View Profile   IP Logged
dandelion
Community Member

Re: The step response
Reply #2 - Feb 13th, 2007, 5:38pm

topquark wrote on Feb 13th, 2007, 4:24am:
In principle, for a purely linear system the signal level shouldn't matter.
However, when it comes to different practical systems, we are constrained by limited-linear devices, bounded supply voltages.

So, for a power-electronic system a few volts and several amps maybe the order, for a microchip they maybe completely out-of-range.

You need to know something about the contents of your block apriori.

-Gau

hi Gau,
Thanks for the reply. It is helpfu to me.

Here, whatever the power-electronic system or the micrichip system, I can both inject the large step signal or the small step signal, the large one will make it enetr into the unliner region while the small one into kiner region. In thses cases, do you want me to use large signal or small signal in ivestigating its stability?

Thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.