The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 16th, 2024, 4:12pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Printing Instance name in Ultrasim (Read 1558 times)
Venkateshr

Bangalore
Printing Instance name in Ultrasim
Mar 12th, 2007, 5:53am

Hello Guys ,
                  I need to print the instance name from a Verilog-a block in ultrasim.Previously I did in spectre using "write("%m")" construct but in ultrasim it is not printing properly(it is printing as  "instance_<module name>_<number>"   .I think ultrasim is a fast spice simulator which is very much compatible with spectre but I am very very new to usim.Can you help me ASAP?Very urgent....

Thanks
Venkatesh R

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: Printing Instance name in Ultrasim
Reply #1 - Mar 13th, 2007, 7:25am

%m is the correct code, per the Verilog-AMS LRM, so if your simulator is not printing what you want, you have to contact the vendor and file a bug report.

Since the "fast spice" simulators have some sort of hierarchical representation of the circuit, it may not be possible to print exactly what you want without compromising performance ...

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.