The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 21st, 2024, 11:17am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Monte Carlo simulation in MDL (Read 2336 times)
DL

FL
Monte Carlo simulation in MDL
Mar 23rd, 2007, 2:41pm

I'm trying to perform a search loop for each iteration of an MC run.  I've seen it mentioned here and elsewhere that it is possible to do MC through MDL, but I'm having difficulty with the syntax.  I've seen the following syntax:

Code:
run montecarlo( numruns=50, seed=1, variations='process ) {
    run tran_meas

} 

given for the .mdl file, where tran_meas is an aliased measurement run.  This as opposed to a montecarlo (not run) statement declared within a .scs file, as I've been doing runs so far.  

When I run this, I get an error, " syntax error before or at: ) \ invalid argument to run statement ".  My ultimate aim is to have the search loop be the aliased run called for MC, which in turn calls the actual transient run under a different alias.

Could anybody point me to some help on this?  I've looked all around, including older topics in this forum, and I haven't seen anything directly addressing this issue.

Thanks in advance.

View Profile   IP Logged
DL

FL
Re: Monte Carlo simulation in MDL
Reply #1 - Mar 23rd, 2007, 3:45pm

To clarify, I'm doing mismatch variations, as opposed to the sample code.  This is using Spectre sub-version 5.10.41_USR3.102405.

View Profile   IP Logged
Scott Flinchbaugh

Re: Monte Carlo simulation in MDL
Reply #2 - Mar 26th, 2007, 1:59pm

DL,

MDL montecarlo is only available in MMSIM6.1 release and later.  It is not possible to run MDL montecarlo
with 5.1.41 releases.

Thanks,
-scott F.

View Profile flinchba   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.