The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 21st, 2024, 1:25am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Frequency Sweep with PSS and QPSS (Read 3867 times)
Mosieur_Oiso

Frequency Sweep with PSS and QPSS
Apr 19th, 2007, 8:49am

I want to simulate the large signal frequency response of an amplifier.
I use these options in PSS or QPSS: Sweep / Frequency Variable: Yes / Variable Name: frq (frq is my fundamental tone, accessible from the "Select Design Variable" button, so I believe this should be possible), but I always get the sweep to fail.
Can somebody tell me how to sweep the fundamental tone in PSS or QPSS?
Thanks...

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: Frequency Sweep with PSS and QPSS
Reply #1 - Apr 20th, 2007, 1:52am

There should be no problem with doing this.

With PSS, you need to ensure that the fundamental is consistent with the frequency you're sweeping. If it's a single tone, just put the same variable in the "beat frequency" field. If there are multiple tones, the easiest way is to go to the options form for PSS, and scroll down to the bottom where it says "additional options" and enter "autofund=yes" (this tells spectre to figure out the beat frequency from all the sources in the schematic).

For QPSS it always figures out the frequencies from the sources - so it ought to work.

You didn't say how it failed - so it's very hard to give a precise answer.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Mosieur_Oiso

Re: Frequency Sweep with PSS and QPSS
Reply #2 - Apr 20th, 2007, 3:05am

Hi Andrew,
I've put the same frequency variable name in the "Beat Frequency" field and it worked!!  :) My mistake was to enable "Auto Calculate", so the Beat Frequency was then a numerical value picked from Analog Design Environment, hence constant for the complete frequency sweep...
Thanks again...
Oiso

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.