The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 5th, 2024, 11:26am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
viewType for ams_state cellview - menuTrigger (Read 3942 times)
Matt VD

viewType for ams_state cellview - menuTrigger
Apr 24th, 2007, 1:23pm

Hello,
  I have done a lot of Skill coding in the past, but I am stuck on one small issue.  I would like to install an extra menu for the ADE upon opening it in from the cellview "ams_state1" view.  (I know I can do this with the menus folder approach, but don't like this approach for various reasons.)  
  My question is what is the viewType for the analogArtist in this case?  For opening the ADE from the Schematic, the following works fine (postInstall trigger):
deRegUserTriggers("analogArtist-schematic" nil nil 'sevAddCustomMenus )
  However, I can't find out how to trigger off opening an amsState from the cellView state approach.  I have tried using viewType = "adestate" to no avail.
  Any suggestions for how to do this?
  Thanks,

Matt.

View Profile   IP Logged
rajdeep

UK
Re: viewType for ams_state cellview - menuTrigger
Reply #1 - Apr 25th, 2007, 8:47am

There is one command to get all the viewTypes ddMapGetViewTypeList(). It lists out all the valid viewTypes. But not sure this will help you.

Rajdeep

Design is fun, verification is a requirement.
View Profile   IP Logged
Matt VD

Reply #2 - Apr 25th, 2007, 8:59am

Thanks Rajdeep... I did try that, and tried using most of the different viewTypes there, but none of them worked.
I think the problem goes back to the form nature of the ADE... if I do deGetViewType() of the ADE, then it gives "unknown".  If I do it while a schematic is open, it gives the correct value - "schematic".    SO because of this (form nature), I am not sure if I can trigger off the ADE form launching by itself unattached to anything else.  (I also have the same problem if I go to CIW/Tools/Analog Environment/Simulation).  

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Reply #3 - May 8th, 2007, 7:32am

Matt,

ADE isn't really a "DE" application, which is why the de trigger doesn't work (unless started from a schematic).

I suggest you contact Cadence support - there's a PCR for this, and there's internal ways of doing this. I'd sooner that we record the fact that a customer wants this rather than me posting a workaround which uses private functions (you can always ask the AE dealing with your service request to ask me about it).

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.