The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 22nd, 2024, 9:36am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
track and hold circuit DFT analysis (Read 4127 times)
Steve_IC

track and hold circuit DFT analysis
May 9th, 2007, 11:40am

Hi, I was trying to do DFT analysis to my track and hold circuit. How to chose the sample points? The sample frequency has to be the same as Clock? I am considering using coherent sampling.

Thanks for any inputs.

-steve

« Last Edit: May 10th, 2007, 7:10am by Steve_IC »  
View Profile   IP Logged
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Re: trank and hold circuit DFT analysis
Reply #1 - May 10th, 2007, 12:53am

Hi,

If that is a track-and-hold at the front-end of ADC, I think that the sampling frequency should the same as the clock. I would choose the sampling points where the output has settled. If using HSPICE, the print step of .tran can be set equal to the cycle of clock. Then print the output using .print card. Try to run a DFT using Matlab. Sometimes we also using .FFT card in HSPICE. However, I am not clear how to set the sampling point accurately.  :(

Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
Steve_IC

Re: trank and hold circuit DFT analysis
Reply #2 - May 10th, 2007, 6:35am

Thanks for your response. Yawei.

I was confused after I tried import output data to matlab, we have to choose sampling points to do fft.

I was trying to use the sampling frequnecy same as clock, seems OK. Just want to know if there are some other ways?

thanks again

-Steve

View Profile   IP Logged
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Re: track and hold circuit DFT analysis
Reply #3 - May 12th, 2007, 1:19am

Steve,

Yes, you have to choose sampling points to do DFT after importing the data into matlab if the print step of .tran is not equal to the clock cycle. However, I set the print step of .tran equal to the clock cycle.

Does sampling frequency in your post mean sampling frequency of FFT?

Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
Steve_IC

Re: track and hold circuit DFT analysis
Reply #4 - May 12th, 2007, 6:02am

Yawei,
         The sampling frequency I was talking is the one in post-simulation processing  FFT in matlab. I will just used your suggestion  to set the step size in simulation the same as the clock frequency.

Thanks again,

-Steve

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.