The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 18th, 2024, 4:35am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
VHDL-AMS and VHDL cellviews in AMS Designer (Read 4580 times)
Chipmuenk

Germany
VHDL-AMS and VHDL cellviews in AMS Designer
May 14th, 2007, 6:47am

Hello,

after a few digital years I'm back to MS again. This time I'm trying to verify a small a, big D chip using AMS Designer. The analog blocks of the chip are modeled using VHDL-AMS. For performance reasons I also need a purely digital model of the analog blocks that will be used for extensive simulation of the digital part. These digital models provide a pin-true, basic functional description and have to be verified against the VHDL-AMS models.

Here comes the tricky question:

How do I create / handle VHDL- and VHDLAMS cellviews for the same cell at the same time? The standard "cellview-from-cellview" generation creates a view "entity" for both VHDL and VHDLAMS, overwriting an existing entity. Changing the view name to be created into e.g. "entity_ams" results in an architecture with the name entity_ams.

Ideas, anyone?

Cheers,

Chris

View Profile   IP Logged
Ankur.Chaplot

Noida,India
Re: VHDL-AMS and VHDL cellviews in AMS Designer
Reply #1 - Jun 11th, 2008, 2:39am

Hi Chris,
I fail to understand why the entity for vhdl and vhdl-ams model should be different. In my opinion, the architectures should be different.
Please provide the exact use model to comprehend the problem.
Cheers
Ankur C
Chipmuenk wrote on May 14th, 2007, 6:47am:
Hello,

after a few digital years I'm back to MS again. This time I'm trying to verify a small a, big D chip using AMS Designer. The analog blocks of the chip are modeled using VHDL-AMS. For performance reasons I also need a purely digital model of the analog blocks that will be used for extensive simulation of the digital part. These digital models provide a pin-true, basic functional description and have to be verified against the VHDL-AMS models.

Here comes the tricky question:

How do I create / handle VHDL- and VHDLAMS cellviews for the same cell at the same time? The standard "cellview-from-cellview" generation creates a view "entity" for both VHDL and VHDLAMS, overwriting an existing entity. Changing the view name to be created into e.g. "entity_ams" results in an architecture with the name entity_ams.

Ideas, anyone?

Cheers,

Chris

View Profile   IP Logged
jbdavid
Community Fellow

Silicon Valley
Re: VHDL-AMS and VHDL cellviews in AMS Designer
Reply #2 - Aug 27th, 2008, 1:26am

drop the VHDL and use Verilog? sorry!

jbdavid
Mixed Signal Design Verification
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.