The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 23rd, 2024, 2:18am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
can SPICE be Trusted? (Read 2083 times)
mosman

china
can SPICE be Trusted?
May 29th, 2007, 7:32pm

Can spice be trusted?

it is well known that SPICE is used to verify our circuit's behavior.

but many times when i simulate one circuit the SPICE gives strange results such as jitter, overshoot, wrong value. but if i modify some options for the SPICE. the results show another value. then i continue to modify every option, again ang again, one, two, three, ....    finally the SPICE gives one result which is just my need.

now can i trust this results? i confused by SPICE. because this final result is based on the modified OPTIONS. if using other options the results is not accept.

so my question is if i tapeout my circuit???

who has experienceied? Pls help me.

View Profile mosman   IP Logged
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Re: can SPICE be Trusted?
Reply #1 - Jun 3rd, 2007, 9:11pm

Hi, mosman,

It depends on designers whether the tool gives the correct and accurate result. The desigers must know his circuit and what the tool is limited. Sure you need understand the optioins and decide what option you use by yourself. You can refer to SPICE manual for the definition. There are many textbooks about SPICE and Spectre like Ken's Designers Guide to SPICE and Spectre.

BG
Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
mosman

china
Re: can SPICE be Trusted?
Reply #2 - Jun 4th, 2007, 1:08am

thanks ywguo.

i have asked for the Spice company's engineer about this question. the answer is similar to your.

Smiley

View Profile mosman   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.