The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 2:23am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Reshaping transitions in veriloga voltage sources (Read 1683 times)
afisher

Reshaping transitions in veriloga voltage sources
Jun 13th, 2007, 5:04am

Hi all,

I refer my question to veriloga voltage sources, generally full-swing, but not only.

The default veriloga shapes of voltage signals at the transition points is something that looks like 1st order polynom. This might cause convergence problems in some cases, as well as large CPU resources due to non-continuoues derivative of the signal.

Does anyone has a "shaper" solution/equation for solving these "ugly" part of the voltage signals?

Thanks in advance,
afisher.

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: Reshaping transitions in veriloga voltage sour
Reply #1 - Jun 13th, 2007, 6:04am

afisher wrote on Jun 13th, 2007, 5:04am:
Hi all,

I refer my question to veriloga voltage sources, generally full-swing, but not only.  

What is a "veriloga voltage source"??  Do you mean a voltage source from Annex E, which tells you how to instantiate voltage sources from a Spice simulator?  In that case, it's your job to pick a well-behaved source.  Eg, PWL is continuous but its derivatives are not, but that's not Verilog-A's fault.

Otherwise, you can write a voltage source directly in Verilog-A, and it's completely in your hands how you write the output voltage as a function of time.

-Geoffrey

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.