The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 21st, 2024, 2:34am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Insert and evaluate equations in Spectre. (Read 1837 times)
Mosieur_Oiso

Insert and evaluate equations in Spectre.
Jun 18th, 2007, 5:47am

Hi all,
Is there a way to insert measurement equations in Spectre? (equations based on signals or parameters from a schematic, like MeasEqn of ADS)
To illustrate my problem, let me show you the following very basic example I tried:
1/ I wrote a simple equation in a text file, saved as function_1.scs:

simulator lang=spectre
real f_1(real a) {
   return 2*a;
}

2/ I included and enabled /home/.../function_1.scs in ADE->Setup->Model Libraries...

3/ I added the following in ADE Outputs:
      Name: p_f_1
      Expression: p_f_1 = f_1(VF("/V_1"))      [ V_1 is a net in my schematic ]
   and set Plotted/Evaluated

4/ I launched an analysis (ac in this case)

The simulation completes normally but I cannot get the p_f_1 output, and in the icfb window, I get the following errors:
*Error*   Evaluating expression ((p_f_1 = (f_1 VF("/V_1")))). [the syntax of the expression in Outputs is then changed to what is displayed here]
*Error* ("eval" 164 t nil ("*Error* eval: undefined function" f_1))

Where am I wrong?
Again, this is a very simple example I take to show the problem. Actually, I am an ADS user switching to Spectre, and I basically want to know if I can define equations in Spectre like I used to do in ADS.
Thanks for help,
Mosieur_Oiso.

View Profile   IP Logged
Marq Kole

Hmmm. That's
weird...

Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Re: Insert and evaluate equations in Spectre.
Reply #1 - Jul 26th, 2007, 8:06am

This looks like a case where Spectre MDL might be more appropriate. I don't think what you are trying to do is possible in Spectre itself.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.