The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 28th, 2024, 11:33am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Current-mode boost converter verilog-a model. (Read 4338 times)
Raul
Community Member

San Jose, CA.
Current-mode boost converter verilog-a model.
Jul 06th, 2007, 12:33pm

I'm writing a verilog-a model for a current-mode controlled DC-DC boost converter. I derived and checked the averaged switch model for the power stage and it works fine, but the current-mode controller model is not providing accurate DC operating point results. I used the same current mode controller model for a buck regulator and it worked fine. Can anyone give me any pointers from their experience modeling boosts? I'm guessing that part of the problem is that the input voltage influences both slopes of the inductor current unlike the buck where the second slope is fairly constant given it only contains Vout.
   My controller models is based on the discussion in appendix B.3 of the book "Fundamentals of Power Electronics" by Erickson and Maksimovic.

regards, Raul Perez
View Profile   IP Logged
Raul
Community Member

San Jose, CA.
Re: Current-mode boost converter verilog-a model.
Reply #1 - Jul 9th, 2007, 3:58pm

I'm seeing different results depending on how I write the equation. If I split the duty cycle equation into small pieces and then combine them I get different results than if I just write one big equation, so it seems there is some sort of numerical error problem. Any suggestions? Anybody seen this kind of issue?

regards, Raul Perez
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.