The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 16th, 2024, 6:36pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Latch using switch model of mosfets in verilog-a!! (Read 2376 times)
nishanis

Latch using switch model of mosfets in verilog-a!!
Jul 25th, 2007, 2:38pm

Hello,
I have a switch model for nfet and pfet. All combinational gates work fine with those models. I was modeling a latch with the that model. But it wont store a  value. So i added capacitor between gate and source and capacitor between source and drain. Still the result is always same it 1.8v irrespective of the input.
        I(G,S) <+ c1 * ddt(V(G,S));
        if (V(G) >=  0.9) Rch = Roff ;
        else Rch = Ron ;
     I(S,D) <+ c1 * ddt(V(S,D));
     a = transition(Rch,0,0,0);
    V(S,D) <+ I(S,D) *  a;
This is for nfet. Can you suggest why is it not working? the c1 value i am using is 1fF as my ron =100 ohms.
hoping to get the solution to work with this.
thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
Marq Kole

Hmmm. That's
weird...

Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Re: Latch using switch model of mosfets in verilog
Reply #1 - Jul 26th, 2007, 12:00am

Apart from the V(G) in the if statement where I would expect a V(G,S) given that the rest of the code is relative to the S terminal as well, I don't see anything obviously wrong with this model. (In the absence of the rest of the model code).

Do you need the transition statement for the channel resistance?

How did you model the latch?

View Profile   IP Logged
nishanis

Re: Latch using switch model of mosfets in verilog
Reply #2 - Jul 26th, 2007, 11:10am

hey,
well what i am doing is, i have a generic model for pfet and nfet. THe latch is a DLATCH, i have the schematic and i am placing my model in place of actual pfet and nfets. It is working for all types of gates. But failing for latch. So i think i need to store that value somehow. THe code that is there  seems logically correct, and i did the V(G,S) its not making any difference. So can you provide any other solution.
Thanks a lot!!

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.