The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 19th, 2024, 2:38am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
running ocean in the background from CIW possible? (Read 3613 times)
svenn

Does it have to be
legal?

Germany
running ocean in the background from CIW possible?
Sep 14th, 2007, 1:43pm

Hi,
ocean control of spectre from CIW offer the design() command with lib/cell/view arguments. Very nice as the function finds out if the schematic has been checked and saved and netlists again. If I start an ocean-script from CIW it locks up the GUI until the ocean file has finished running. Is there any possibility to background this process. I could also do an ipc* session and start ocean in a sub-process from the beginning on, but then I fear that I cannot use the design() command in lib/cell/view mode.

The skipcref does not seem to cover running cadence tools in the background.

Svenn
View Profile   IP Logged
haikom

Germany
Re: running ocean in the background from CIW possi
Reply #1 - Sep 15th, 2007, 5:10am

hi,
i'm not 100% shure, but i think if you start the simulation using the ocean command run() in the non-blocking mode, the simulation will be carried out as background process. --> run(?block t) ; the default value is nil; then the blocking mode is active
kind regards,
haikom

View Profile haikomo   IP Logged
JoRobins

Give and it shall be
given unto you!

San Diego, CA
Re: running ocean in the background from CIW possi
Reply #2 - Sep 29th, 2007, 6:10am

Probably late to help you out. But I remember a sourcelink solution on starting an icfb session in the -nograph mode which allows you to create a netlist like you were talking about ....  
Essentially, you then divide your problem into two parts - 1. create a netlist  2. run a simulation . You don't have to worry about blocking or noblocking mode. The solution # is 11053238 . You could search for it there. I've copied and pasted the script that they gave on how to create the netlist. You could possibly do an ocean run in the script after this...

Code:
#! /usr/bin/csh
icms -nograph -log ./icms.log <</
envSetVal("asimenv.startup" "projectDir" 'string "./simulation")
simulator('spectre)
design("my_design" "test" "schematic")
createNetlist()
exit()
/
exit 1

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.