The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 20th, 2024, 8:28am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Plotting integers in Wavescan (Read 152 times)
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Plotting integers in Wavescan
Nov 26th, 2007, 4:09pm

I went to plot an internal integer variable of a Verilog-A module and was stunned to see it plotted as a digital bus (graphical representations of the transitions with the value occasionally printed as a hexidecimal number). I could find no way of actually plotting the value. Am I missing something? Is it possible to plot integers in Wavescan and have it treat the value as an integer rather than a collection of bits?

-Ken

« Last Edit: Nov 27th, 2007, 1:13am by Ken Kundert »  
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: Plotting integers in Wavescan
Reply #1 - Nov 28th, 2007, 8:20am

I had no problem plotting an integer.  Was there something strange about your variable name?

snapshot_003.png

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Reply #2 - Nov 29th, 2007, 12:56am

Geoffrey,
   I've now tried it with wavescan run from the command line, and it plots integers fine, just like you showed. But when I ran from within Artist it was a different story. I don't know why they would be different. I have since lost that example, and so cannot duplicate the situation. Now I am confused.

Thanks for trying it.
-Ken

Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Reply #3 - Nov 29th, 2007, 6:39am

Ken Kundert wrote on Nov 29th, 2007, 12:56am:
I have since lost that example, and so cannot duplicate the situation. Now I am confused.

You originally posted on Monday, and by Wednesday night you had already lost the example?  You *are* confused. Smiley

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Reply #4 - Nov 29th, 2007, 9:27am

Indeed.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.