The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 19th, 2024, 2:14pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ADSL linearity sims in spectre: psf vs. sst2 data (Read 2844 times)
David Sobel

Univ of California--Berkeley
ADSL linearity sims in spectre: psf vs. sst2 data
Dec 17th, 2007, 3:38pm

Hello,

Hopefully Andrew Beckett will see this post and add shed some light on this issue...  :)

I'm trying to simulate some ADSL circuits (i.e. >90dB linearity specs) , and I've found that I get VERY different results for when I have the output file in psf format vs. sst2 format. In short, the psf output looks good (~95dB linearity), but the exact same sim in sst2 format is garbage, with only ~40dB linearity.

I'm running a transient sim in conservative mode with default tolerances. I've also specified a strobeperiod so that the dft function has "real" data at the sampling points.

Any explanation as to why sst2 output gives lousy results? Is there any way to make sst2 output better? If not, is there a way to force output to psf?

Thanks much!
David

View Profile dasobel   IP Logged
Frank Wiedmann
Community Fellow

Munich, Germany
Re: ADSL linearity sims in spectre: psf vs. sst2 d
Reply #1 - Dec 17th, 2007, 11:46pm

This looks like a known bug in MMSIM, see http://sourcelink.cadence.com/docs/db/kdb/2006/May/11244704.html. The bug was fixed a year and a half ago, so upgrading to a recent version of MMSIM should solve the problem. You can also solve the problem by changing the output format to psf, see http://sourcelink.cadence.com/docs/db/kdb/2006/Jan/11220962.html for instructions.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.