The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 16th, 2024, 10:27pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Voltage value assignment to a real variable (Read 1928 times)
egarcia

Voltage value assignment to a real variable
Feb 28th, 2008, 10:10am

Hi,

I'm new in verilog-ams and I'm trying to reuse a system verilog tetsbench for my mixed-signal validation environment and there is a small issue I would like to address:

I'm able to read an analog value and assign it to a real variable in verilog-D using something called "XMR" function in synopsys discovery tool. By doing this, I'm able to create a checker using my system verilog stuff and it's working fine.  However, this method is tool dependent and I would like to use a more general approach for any other tool (such as mentor ADMS).  How can I assign a voltage value to a real signal?

I tried to access an analog net in verilog-d like this, which is not working and I'm not surprised about it :) :

real_variable = top_level.digital_wrapper_1.digital_wrapper2.spice_netlist.net;

So then I created a vams module in order to do the above instruction (this is just one of my approaches but none of them worked):

`include "disciplines.vams"

module spy();
wreal spy_signal;

analog begin
 spy_signal = top_level.digital_wrapper_1.digital_wrapper2.spice_netlist.net;
end
endmodule

The idea is to access the spy_signal from the system verilog testbench but I got compilation errors, and since I'm really newbie I don't know what's the solution.

So, any suggestions of what can I do?

Thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
Stefan

Re: Voltage value assignment to a real variable
Reply #1 - Feb 29th, 2008, 12:48am

I think I remember something like this :

// declare internal node, look for inherited connections for correct syntax
(* node=/toplevel.... *)

// then you could do
assign real_output = V(node);

Regards,

Stefan

View Profile 16731287   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.