The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 10:23am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
about mim capacitor (Read 118 times)
lhlbluesky

about mim capacitor
May 19th, 2008, 9:05am

i use smic 0.18um 1p4m process,but when i simulate the circuit(pipelined adc),it always report a error"undefined……mim",what's the possible reason?how to solve it?thanks.

View Profile   IP Logged
loose-electron
Senior Fellow

Best Design Tool =
Capable Designers

San Diego California
Re: about mim capacitor
Reply #1 - May 19th, 2008, 2:09pm

lhlbluesky wrote on May 19th, 2008, 9:05am:
i use smic 0.18um 1p4m process,but when i simulate the circuit(pipelined adc),it always report a error"undefined……mim",what's the possible reason?how to solve it?thanks.

Sounds to me like the model path definition is missing.

Jerry Twomey
www.effectiveelectrons.com
Read My Electronic Design Column Here
Contract IC-PCB-System Design - Analog, Mixed Signal, RF & Medical
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: about mim capacitor
Reply #2 - May 20th, 2008, 6:06am

loose-electron wrote on May 19th, 2008, 2:09pm:
Sounds to me like the model path definition is missing.

Is it only the mim that is complained about?  Are you sure the model/subckt name that appears in the netlist is the same as the one that appears in the model library?

Some model libraries use complicated systems of including different sections, with parameters set for various corners; I did see one where a diode was not available in one corner because the appropriate .include was missing; you might try to trace the inclusion of the mim modelcard/subckt.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.