The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 18th, 2024, 8:31pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Idiot's Guide to mixed-mode verilog? (Read 2178 times)
joel
Community Member

Idiot's Guide to mixed-mode verilog?
May 27th, 2008, 1:45pm

Hi All,
 I need to learn how to write a functional model for an analog-front-end core of a larger chip.  It's a random assortment of op-amps, PGAs, LPF & HPFs, equalizers, S/H &  max/min detectors, etc.  The model will be used in an verilog digital regression environment, getting its input stream directly from files of real numbers.

I'm a decent spice & verilogD hacker,  and I can do floating-point emulations of simple analog stuff in verilogD.  But I've never used the analog side.  Where do I start to educate myself?  I'm not even sure of the difference between verilogA and verilogAMS.   Is verilogA an historical term now, superceeded by verilogAMS?

I could probably get my company to send me to a training class where I could enjoy some of Cadence's excellent meals, but I would prefer not to commit a week away from my desk to this effort.

A general question, I know...  But I appreciate any advice you could give me.  Cheers!

View Profile   IP Logged
joel
Community Member

Re: Idiot's Guide to mixed-mode verilog?
Reply #1 - May 27th, 2008, 1:58pm

Ah, I see a post 3 threads down that makes some useful suggestions.  Thanks!  /jd

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.