The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 16th, 2024, 10:14pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Interpolation in Verilog-A (Read 923 times)
Alok519

Interpolation in Verilog-A
Jun 18th, 2008, 10:13pm

I have designed a small signal model of pll, now the noise sources which is there , I im treating as transfer functions , but comming to real world now I need to interplate the noise transfer function from the noise text file .For that I need to read the noise file containing about 50 sets of sampled data and from there I need to interpolate the noise transfer function
can anyone suggest what should I do
thanks
regards
alok

View Profile   IP Logged
Alok519

Re: Interpolation in Verilog-A
Reply #1 - Jun 19th, 2008, 11:25pm

Now , this is not required ,
I just need to import a nose file remember in phase domain the unit is db/hz vs hz.
the thing is the noise file which i m getting has values for db/hz in negative .
how should i add this noise file
please help
thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Reply #2 - Jun 20th, 2008, 8:12am

Have you looked at the noise_table() function in Verilog-AMS?

You probably need to pre-process the data, though, to remove the negative values, and perhaps to convert the dB to non-dB power.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Alok519

Reply #3 - Jun 22nd, 2008, 4:50am

I have 50 sets of data , so noise table is not so effective \
however , problem is solved
spectre vpwlf solved ma problem ..it has the option to enter noise file ..just i need to do is to convert the db/hz data to v2/hz data and to perform noise analysis...

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.