The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 8:32am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Doubts on DFT of impulse response (Read 2598 times)
manodipan
Community Member

Doubts on DFT of impulse response
Jul 03rd, 2008, 5:27am

Hi friends,
In switched capacitor circuits ,DFT of impulse response gives some idea about the frequency response.I have some doubt about the simulation that i have set up.
My switched capacitor circuit works at 10MHz clock,the input impulse should be sampled once,so i have kept it on for 110ns>one clock cycle.Then i have got the output response run over let say 10us.Now i take DFT of output ,i have done DFT using rectangular window with 64 points over 10us.Now i have continuous time version of the circuit from which i have got capacitor values for SC circuit.
Now in DFT of output i observe some lowering of gain at DC which is not proper.
What sort of window,no. of points to be chosen for some frequency resolution??Thanks in advance...

View Profile   IP Logged
pancho_hideboo
Senior Fellow

Real Homeless
Re: Doubts on DFT of impulse response
Reply #1 - Jul 3rd, 2008, 5:47am

manodipan wrote on Jul 3rd, 2008, 5:27am:
Now i have continuous time version of the circuit from which i have got capacitor values for SC circuit.
Now in DFT of output i observe some lowering of gain at DC which is not proper.

There are two isuues.

(1) Difference of ideal impulse and actual impulse.
Assuming DFT of finite width impulse, you have to consider difference between ideal impulse and actual impulse.

(2) Output of SC filter is hold output even though an input to SC filter is ideal impulse.

You have to compensate them.
You can get same frequency response if you apply proper compensation.

http://www.designers-guide.org/Forum/YaBB.pl?num=1210932698/1#1

View Profile WWW Top+Secret Top+Secret   IP Logged
manodipan
Community Member

Re: Doubts on DFT of impulse response
Reply #2 - Jul 4th, 2008, 12:42am

Hi Paancho,
What width of impulse is to be taken??can u refer some literature on compensating this hold output of SC filter??

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.