The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 12:43pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
parameter in SpectreMDL (Read 2587 times)
alard

parameter in SpectreMDL
Jul 25th, 2008, 7:31am

Hi,

I 'd like to vary a parameter which is already defined in the netlist. What I want to do is to first simulate with an initial value. Then calc Exclaimulate an optimal value and simulate the second time with this one. Could anyone tell me how to do it?

P.S. What is the difference between OCEAN and SpectreMDL. It seems they can do the same thing according to the introduction of the references.
BTW, the tutorial given by Cadence about spectreMDL is rather simple. Could anyone provide some more detailed document on this topic?

View Profile   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Re: parameter in SpectreMDL
Reply #1 - Jul 25th, 2008, 10:53am

SpectreMDL is part of Spectre whereas Ocean is a separate program that invokes Spectre as it needs to. As such, SpectreMDL is generally faster and more accurate, however it cannot plot waveforms and such.

-Ken

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
alard

Re: parameter in SpectreMDL
Reply #2 - Jul 25th, 2008, 11:34am

Thanks for your reply. Actually the plot function is not needed for me. I just want to calculate some values which will be passed to the second simulation based on them. Is it possible to do this in spectreMDL? It not, I think I have to go for Ocean then.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.