The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 12:52pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ddx operator implementation (Read 581 times)
ivan_petkov

ddx operator implementation
Jan 21st, 2009, 8:25am

Hello everybody,
I am new in this forum and found it when trying to find a solution for my project.
So for my diplomacy work in Technical University in Bulgaria I have to implement a PSP MOS model in the working environment of the laboratory which is Cadence. I am really junior in this field so I hole you can help me a little.
The PSP model is supplied for free download form http://pspmodel.asu.edu and there is a VerilogA code proposed for SimKit simulator. In the laboratory we are using Cadence  and VerilogA Version 5 2003 May. The original code seems to be written in newer version of VerilogA and therefor there were many syntax errors. The final situation is that compiler do not support "ddx" operator but only "ddt". So is there any way to implement this operator or somehow to bypass it with any equivalent functions so I can have the OP derivates  calculated from the model?
Thanks a lot in advance! Have a nice day Smiley

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: ddx operator implementation
Reply #1 - Jan 21st, 2009, 3:56pm

You really should use a more recent version of spectre - you can use this in conjunction with an older environment, although a version from May 2003 is pretty old... newer versions should be available to most universities - are you part of Europractice?

Note that there was an issue with the ddx() usage in the PSP veriloga model which I worked on a few months ago - it was fixed in November 2008 in MMSIM (the stream containing spectre) 6.2.1.390 and also 07.01.162.isr14

Even with these builds, you have to do:

Code:
setenv CDS_AHDL_IGNORE_RESTRICT YES 

because the code uses ddx() in a conditional statement (if the code is the same as the one I was looking at - it looks as if it is).

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
ivan_petkov

Re: ddx operator implementation
Reply #2 - Jan 22nd, 2009, 12:25am

Thanks a lot Andrew,
probably I will leave the PO derivates for now, untill a new release is installed, and yes ddx()  is in conditionals statement.
Yes I think we are working with Europractice and also MINOS-EURONET.
Thanks, Ivan

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.