The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 29th, 2024, 2:11am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
how to measure high order sigma-delta modulator? (Read 40 times)
zhujun134

how to measure high order sigma-delta modulator?
Feb 16th, 2009, 6:48pm

Hi,everybody,
    I have designed a five order sigma-delta modulator,then i must have made a plan to measure it.But i have no experience about measure high performance IC.
    This chip  have a 16bit resolution and have 94dB SNR of simulation,have no built in  clock,have single input.I have some idea about issue must be attention:
 First,the input signal must  be clear,but how to get it ?can i get the signal by generator directly?
 Second,the clock must have little jitter than 100ps,but how to get  it?can i get it through generator directly?or use oscillator?
 Third,the power must be clear!

so much,are there have another issues?
many thanks!

Best regards!

View Profile 88206995   IP Logged
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Re: how to measure high order sigma-delta modulator?
Reply #1 - Apr 15th, 2009, 8:30pm

Hi,

It seems you have already known the key issues.  

Quote:
First,the input signal must  be clear,but how to get it ?can i get the signal by generator directly?
Second,the clock must have little jitter than 100ps,but how to get  it?can i get it through generator directly?or use oscillator?

Measure your signal generator and judge if it is good enough for your SD modulator test. Good luck.

Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.